Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stuck At Home

Mom and dad got home at about 12 last night, they took a back road out of Camp Williams. And grandpa slept in his office in a bed made out of chairs. When I woke up this morning I went down stairs to see if my school was closed. The news said about 7 elementary schools were closed or starting late, but my school was open. So I went to get ready. When I was done I went down to check again and they said there would be no bus service so to make it there on our own cause school was still in session. But mom and dad rode home in the same car last night so we only had one car and mom had to be to school! My friend Shay called and said that her mom called the school and asked what was going on and they told her it was too dangerous for them to send the bus drivers out but that we still needed to be at school. So basically it was too dangerous for the bus drivers but we still needed to drive in the snow to get there. And the stupid part is that we have a snow day set apart for days like this and they WON'T use it! And it got worse, when Shay's mom said she was pulling Shay out of school the lady said they werent even taking attendance so we could stay home! So basically they arent really holding school just making people drive forever to sit in a class all day! SO STUPID! So I stayed home today and finished Kellie and Hagen's valentines and brought them over to their school.

2 comments:

Donnie and Kristi said...

You sound like you're upset! I would have killed for a day like that when I was in school, that's freakin' awesome.
P.S...this post is nothing without pictures.

The Leavitts said...

Well sorry! I tried to get a pic. of grandpa's bed made out of chairs up there but it wouldnt take it cause it said there was something wrong with the file. I would have been OK with missing school if I knew I didnt have to make up about a million pages of homework! But it was still fun